3 cups heavy cream
1 cup whole milk
2 tbsp. Happy Home Premium Vanilla Bean Paste
½ tsp. kosher salt
4 egg yolks
¾ cup sugar
- In a medium saucepan whisk together and heat cream, milk, and Happy Home Premium Vanilla Bean Paste until barely steaming.
- In a separate metal or glass bowl whisk together salt, egg yolks, and sugar.
- Once the cream mixture is steaming, ladle a large spoonful of hot cream into the egg mixture. Whisk to combine. Add another 2 ladles of hot cream whisking between each addition. Once combined, tip out egg mixture into the saucepan, set aside the bowl and continue whisking. Heat until mixture is 170°F.
- Once the custard is ready transfer out of the saucepan back into the bowl. Place the bowl over a bowl of ice water and whisk until mixture has cooled. Cover the surface with plastic wrap and let chill in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
- When ready to churn, strain mixture into ice cream machine and follow manufacturers instructions.