3 cups All-Purpose Flour
3 cups Granulated Sugar
1-1/2 Cups Butter, softened (3 sticks)
1 cup Buttermilk
4 Large Eggs, at room temperature
½ teaspoon Baking Powder
1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract®
1 teaspoon Natural Almond Flavor®
1 teaspoon Natural Lemon Flavor®
1 teaspoon Imitation Coconut Flavor®
1 teaspoon Imitation Butter-Nut Flavor®
- Preheat oven to 325°F
- Eggs, Butter, and Buttermilk should be at room temperature before mixing.
- Measure 3 level cups of flour into a medium mixing bowl.
- Add Baking Powder.
- Use a whisk and fully mix the flour and baking powder together. Set aside.
- Measure Buttermilk into a small mixing bowl.
- Add all the flavorings, mix well and set aside.
- Place softened butter in a large mixing bowl.
- Using a hand mixer, cream the butter slightly.
- Add the sugar. Cream butter and sugar together well.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating lightly on low speed after each addition just to incorporate the egg.
- Alternate adding flour-buttermilk-flour until incorporated, mixing as little as possible.
- Do not overbeat the mixture. It's even better to mix by hand in the final stage.
- Grease and lightly flour your baking pan, or spray well with non-stick cooking spray with flour.
- Spoon batter into the pan. Level the top of the batter inside the pan.
- Bake for 60 to 75 minutes , or until cake tests done. Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes
- Turn cake out of pan onto wire rack. Cool completely before slicing.