½ cup butter, room temperature
1 ¼ cups sugar
3 eggs, room temperature
1 teaspoon Happy Home® Pure Vanilla Extract®
½ teaspoon Happy Home Butter & Nut Baking Emulsion
¼ teaspoon finely grated lemon peel
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
¾ cup eggnog
2 tablespoons bourbon whiskey (optional)
¼ cup all-purpose flour
¼ teaspoon salt
1 ½ cups eggnog
1 cup butter, room temperature
1 ½ cups confectioner sugar
1 ½ teaspoons Happy Home® Pure Vanilla Extract®
⅛ teaspoon finely grated lemon peel
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease and flour two 9-inch round baking pans.
- Beat 1/2 cup butter and 1 1/4 cups sugar with an electric mixer in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Mixture should be noticeably lighter in color. Add eggs, one at a time, allowing each egg to blend into butter mixture before adding the next. Stir in 1 teaspoon Happy Home® Pure Vanilla Extract® and 1/4 teaspoon lemon peel, mixing well.
- Combine 2 cups flour, baking powder, and 1 teaspoon salt in a bowl. Pour flour mixture into the batter alternately with 1 cup eggnog, mixing until just incorporated. Stir in bourbon (optional). Divide batter evenly between prepared pans.
- Bake in preheated oven until cake springs back when touched lightly with a fingertip or a toothpick inserted in the centers comes out clean, 30 to 35 minutes (test both cake layers). Cool in pans for 10 minutes before inverting on a wire rack to cool completely.
- combine 1/4 cup flour and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a saucepan. Gradually whisk in 1 1/2 cups eggnog, whisking until smooth.