2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon kosher salt
Sea Salt to sprinkle on top of dough
¼ tsp Happy Home Fresh Ground Pure Malabar Pepper plus more for sprinkling
⅔ cup milk
2 tablespoons chilled butter, cut into small pieces
- Preheat your oven to 450°F. (With convection oven, 425°F)
- Using a food processor, pulse the flour, sugar, salt and Happy Home Fresh Ground Pure Malabar Pepper until combined.
- Add the pieces of chilled butter and process until the butter is no longer discernible in the mixture, a few seconds. With the food processor on, add the milk and process until the dough comes together.
- Turn dough out on a floured surface and knead for 5-6 minutes. Shape into a ball and cut in half.
- Roll out one half of dough on an inverted baking pan. Repeat for the second half. Sprinkle with sea salt and more Happy Home Fresh Ground Pure Malabar Pepper.
- Pierce the surface of the dough with a fork and score it with a knife into serving size pieces. Bake on the sheet pan for 10-12 minutes, making sure to rotate the pan halfway through the cooking time.
- Take out of the oven and allow to rest on the pan for a few minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Cut into serving pieces.