2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 ½ cups grated parmesan cheese
2 tsp. sugar
2 tsp. kosher salt, divided
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
1 cup water
1 tbsp. Happy Home Black Malabar Pure Pepper
- Heat oven to 450°F, place rack in lower third of oven. Line a sheet tray with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl whisk together flours, cheese, sugar, and 1 teaspoon salt.
- Mix in oil and water. Gently stir until dough comes together, if needed add 1 tablespoon of water. Dough will be slightly sticky.
- Divide dough into 2 portions, roll one portion out on a lightly floured surface to 1/8 inch thick or thinner if possible.
- Cut crackers into desired shapes using a knife or cookie cutters. Transfer crackers to a prepared baking sheet. Use fork tines to prick each cracker, this will prevent the crackers from puffing up while baking.
- Brush or mist the crackers with a little bit of water, sprinkle the tops of the crackers with Happy Home Black Malabar Pure Pepper and a little bit of salt.
- Bake for 12 minutes, rotating the tray halfway through baking. Repeat the process with remaining dough.