1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup superfine almond flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. baking soda
1 ½ cup sugar, divided
2 eggs + 4 egg whites
1 tbsp. lemon zest
2 tbsp. lemon juice
1 tbsp. Happy Home Natural Orange Flavor
3 tsp. Happy Home Almond Extract, divided
¾ cup milk
1 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 cups heavy cream
¼ cup powdered sugar
1 pint raspberries
½ cup sliced almonds
- Heat oven to 350°F, grease and parchment line the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flours, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Using a stand or hand mixer whip egg whites and ¼ cup sugar. Whip until stiff peaks, set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together whole eggs, remaining sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, Happy Home Natural Orange Flavor, 1 tbsp. Happy Home Almond Extract, and milk.
- Add half of the flour mixture to the wet mixture. Stir to fully combine. Mix in the olive oil. Mix in the remaining flour mixture.
- Carefully fold in 1/3 of whipped egg whites until fully mixed in. Then fold in remaining egg whites.
- Tip out mixture into prepared springform pan. Sprinkle top with about 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool and remove from the pan.
- Using a stand or hand mixer whip heavy cream, powdered sugar, and 2 teaspoons Happy Home Almond Extract to soft peaks.
- Serve cake with almond flavored whipped cream, raspberries, and sliced almonds.