3 Granny Smith apples – peeled, cored, quartered, and thinly sliced
1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1 cup sugar
¾ cup plus 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
Pinch of kosher salt
3 large eggs
¼ tsp. Ground Cinnamon
¼ teaspoon of Ground Nutmeg
½ tsp. Happy Home© Natural Almond Flavor
Powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Grease the bottom and sides of an 8-inch springform pan.
- In a large bowl, toss the apples with the lemon juice and 2 tablespoons of the sugar and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the flour with the cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the eggs with the ½ tsp. Happy Home© Natural Almond Flavor and the remaining ¾ cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar at medium-high speed until thick and pale yellow and a ribbon forms when the beaters are lifted, 8-10 minutes.
- Gently fold in the dry ingredients just until incorporated.
- Spread the apples in the prepared pan in an even layer, then pour the batter evenly over them. Let stand for 5 minutes to allow the batter to sink in a little.
- Bake the sharlotka for about 1 hour, until it is golden and crisp on top and a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Transfer to a rack and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Unmold and transfer to a serving platter.
- Dust with powdered sugar and serve warm.