1 cup butter, room temperature
2 cup sugar
3 large eggs
2 teaspoons Happy Home Rum Baking Emulsion
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 c milk
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup blanched chopped almonds
1 tsp Happy Home Imitation Vanilla or Happy Home Imitation Vanilla Paste
- Preheat your oven to 325°F.
- Combine the butter and sugar in your mixer on low speed. While the butter and sugar is mixing together, whisk your eggs and lemon flavoring in a bowl and set it aside. Then, combine the flour, salt and lemon zest in a separate bowl. Add the egg mixture to the butter and sugar while still on low speed. Then add the dry ingredients. Make sure the ingredients are well combined before scraping the batter into your pan.
- Choose your type of pan. You can use either a loaf pan or a Bundt cake pan. I make this pound cake in a Bundt cake pan. You can also choose to make this with a mini Bundt cake pan. The amount of time will depend on what type of pan you use. For your typical loaf pan bake for 50-60 minutes. For a Bundt cake pan bake for 35-45 minutes. For the mini Bundt cake pan bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Add your batter to the pan you choose and bake accordingly.
- After baking, completely cool cake on a wire rack before icing.